Essential University is where you can follow tutorials on the Essential meta-model, how to configure and use the tool and how to get views to work.
- The Essential Overview is a high level view of Essential with key links to Getting Started in the Tool
- How to be Successful with Essential introduces the Essential Delivery Cycle and covers where to start with an EA initiative
- The How to Use Essential section covers general set-up and how to use Essential, such as importing data, maintaining data, publishing and Admin tasks
- The Essential Meta-Model area shows meta-model diagrams for the core and support layers and key relationships between classes
- EA Tutorials explain the purpose of the classes in our meta-model with examples.
- How to Populate Essential Views explains the data needed to get specific views working
- The Open Source section covers some of the specifics of the Open Source setup
- The university also has a search function so you can find information quicker and also we have FAQs at the end.
- If you can't find information then please raise a ticket or post on the forum and we'll try and get the University updated.
IMPORTANT: The videos may use Essential Cloud, however, if you are an Open Source user, whilst the interface may look different, the meta-model and views are the same, so you can still follow the video and it will work.